Thursday, February 10, 2011

Commissioned by the Church


I was asked by Sister Christina from my parish Church to draw up a logo for an up-coming fund-raising event. It is to depict St. Josephine Bakhita, the saint of whom our church is named. Sister Christina asked me to have her sit on a chair making a string of beads. I was given a book of Mother Bakhita's life story to reference from. The door in the back came as a last second stroke of genius. I was originally just going to put a random swooshy curved line for stylistic purposes but the door idea came to me suddenly. In her life, St. Josephine Bakhita was a door-keeper or guard. I incorporated that aspect of her life into this piece rather subtly. All in all, I think this turned out nicely. =)

1 comment:

Mena Nunes said...

I like your Blog! Thanks for including my blog link.