Saturday, January 08, 2011

Commissioned



So I was commissioned to do a caricature as a birthday present to my friend's dad. I had to make do with my very minimal supplies because I don't really do stuff like this very often (more like NEVER) on paper. I ended up drawing it out on watercolour paper and turned my room upside down looking for pencil crayons i can use to colour it. Anyway, i think it turned out alright. Mind you, the picture was dark and i had to pimp up the contrast and colours a bit on PS so this pic actually looks better than the original piece.

2 comments:

Trevor Spencer said...

for NEVER doing this, you are quite good at it. you should do some more traditional pieces like this.

always good to see pencil on paper action :)

Andrew Manzanares said...

You flatter me, sir. lol! Thanks man. I appreciate you still commenting on my stuff. You're the only one that still does. haha!